Outsourcing Tips to Successfully Launch Your Home-Based Business While Moving House
Have you ever considered starting a business from the comfort of your own home? Starting your own business allows you to maintain your independence and have the flexibility to decide on your work schedule while building your own future instead of someone else's. But if you find that your current home is not suitable as a workspace, it might be a good time to move.
However, finding a new home at the same time that you're starting a new business can be overwhelming. And the best tip we can give you is simply to get help. There are plenty of professionals that can do a lot of the trickier things for you more easily and often even cheaper in the long run. Neil Sy, for one, is an expert in real estate imagery and can help you put your home in the best possible light as you prepare to sell it and buy a new one.
Outsourcing tasks you're not an expert in also leaves you more time and energy to focus on your priorities: getting your new business off the ground and growing it. Here are some tips and resources for successfully starting a home-based business and moving house at the same time!
- Research the right location for your new home and office. You may find that you have a lot more options of where to live now that you don't have to take into account the daily commute to work. So consider consulting a licensed realtor who will advise you as to which area will give you the best amenities and location at the lowest price, as well as how to sell your current home for the best ROI.
- Consider buying a home "as is" to get a lower price. They are often homes that have been foreclosed, and you receive no guarantees from the seller as to what condition the house is in. So although this is a great money saver, make sure you consult with a lawyer and have them examine the land records. Get a professional to inspect the property for any potential red flags before you buy so you know exactly what you're getting.
- Hire a professional moving company. It can be tempting to do it all yourself because you can, but the time and effort it takes to move the whole house, no matter how many or how little belongings you have, is simply not worth it. So invest in your peace of mind and a fast and efficient moving process.
- Register your business at your new address. Many entrepreneurs opt for an LLC because of the limited liability it offers and many other advantages. Use a formation service to file the registration for you in Illinois. They will save you time and trouble and are familiar with the specific requirements in the state.
- Keep your accounting up-to-date. There are plenty of user-friendly accounting software options out there that you can use. Or, if you struggle with the numbers, consider turning to a professional accountant. But it's critical to keep your books up-to-date to meet legal and tax requirements and give you the information you need to make the right decisions.
It's essential to find a space where you can be both as productive and comfortable as possible and where you can integrate your work and your personal life easily. It may take some time and effort to get everything perfectly set up, but by following these tips, you'll be reaping the benefits of entrepreneurship from home in no time.
If you’re looking to sell your home to make way for a new one, start the process with staging and getting compelling images to attract buyers. Contact Neil today.